HEALTH BENEFITS OF SASKATOON BERRIES
- Saskatoons contain high levels of antioxidants thought to act as a protective guard to our immune system
- Labratory tests have shown that Saskatoon berries and products contain high ORAC values (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity – a test that attempts to quantify the total antioxidant capacity)
- Research indicates antioxidants help to neutralize major free radicals in our bodies to reduce the incidence of some diseases which may include diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- Antioxidants are thought to defend against inflammatory illnesses and reduce oxidative stresses associated with aging
- Saskatoons contain twice the antioxidant level of blueberries
- Research is indicating that the consumption of saskatoon berries can provide measurable improvements in reducing disease incidence, deliver measurable improvements in blood sugar levels and provide cholesterol lowering activity.